Wednesday, October 24, 2018 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | CETLS, S510DAdd to Calendar: Google Outlook Apple
Moderator: Mindi Reich-Shapiro (Teacher Education)
- Edna Asknes (Nursing)
- Kirsten Cole (Teacher Education)
- Marci Littlefield (Speech, Communications, and Theatre Arts)
Are you applying for tenure or promotion this year? Are you a new or junior faculty member? Then join us for this roundtable discussion about tenure and promotion. Faculty members who have recently gone through the tenure and promotion process will share their experiences and tips.
This will be an opportunity, in an informal setting, to ask questions and hear from faculty members who have successfully completed the process. Even if you aren’t applying for tenure or promotion this year, this is an opportunity to prepare so that your application packet is successful when you do apply.
The panel will address questions such as:
- Was the tenure/promotion application process clear?
- Why did you decide to apply for promotion prior to applying for tenure?
- Did you feel the process was competitive? Was there a sense of competition?
- What would you suggest is a good balance between teaching, service, and scholarship?
- What qualifies in your department as departmental service? College-wide service? CUNY-wide service?
- What qualifies in your department as a publication/creation that counts toward tenure/promotion?
Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Can’t attend in person? Please let us know by email in advance if you plan to participate via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/470370823.
New to web conferencing? Review our participant guidelines.